Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Eurotrip: Day 5-9 Loire Valley and Paris

My eurotrip continues :) After a day trip to Versaille I went down to the Loire Valley for a few days to see see other chateaux. All |I can say is the area is spectacular. My friend and I decided to stay in the village of Amboise. It is a sleepy little French village and I loved it! In town there was Chateau D'Amboise and Cos Luce (which the place Leonardo Da Vinci lived in the last years of his life and is buried there). One of the other smaller villages (Chenonceaux) has Chateau Chenonceau which was grander than Amboise but less than Versaille. The scenery was gorgeous and it was nicle to be able to do things on a more relaxed pace.


 Main entrance to Chateau Chenonceau


Chateau Chenonceau


Leonardo Da Vinci grave

Chateau D'Amboise

After spending a few days down in the valley we returned to Paris. Originally we were supposed to go further south down to Provence but timing just didn't work out for us. Instead we decided we were better off coming back to Paris, a city we were very much enjoying. We had been doing a lot of siteseeing up until that point and upon our return we spent our time wandering through the interesting shops in the Maraise. I was told I must find this clothing store called COS which is a higher end version of H&M (also owned by them) and I loved it! I only ended up walking out with one sweater but I could have bought ouot the whole store. The clothes were gorgeous but not super expensive and good quality. Canada really needs to bring in this store.

Last night I said goodbye to my friend Keren as I left for my train to Barcelona (12 hours but at least I gota bed). I hate saying goodbyes or see you laters when I have no idea the next time I will see the person. Keren was an awesome travel partner and is a great friend. Hopefully one day I will get the change to visit her in her home country of Australia.



The train ride was uneventful which is just perfect for me. I reserved a bed instead of a seat and it was great. I had a 4 person room but there only ended up being 2 of us which was nice. Seriously though, this should be the new way to travel. You get to close the lights and lie down in bed and get a good nights sleep and wake up in your destination fully refreshed. They give you a bottle of water and a toiletries kit that includes a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and earplugs. You hardly notice the time pass. And now its time to enjoy Barcelona :)

No comments:

Post a Comment