Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It begins!

And the trip begins! So happy to finally be in Israel. I left Toronto monday night and arrived in Paris tueday morning. It took me forever to figure out where the train was to leave the aiport. Once I found the train, it took me about an hour to get to my station just outside the marais (the jewish district). I had a very me moment when I got out of the train station on rue du rivoli and realized I knew exactly where I was because I remember the stores that were around me. in essence, H&M was my landmark and from there I knew exacty where to go. I went for lunch at a shwarma place on rue du rosier and just wandered around the streets. As I was walking I saw sign for the holocaust museum and decided to check it out. Turns out it was free, and I really enjoyed my time there. After that, I remembered there was a starbucks near by and went to just sit and relax and surf the web. After a while it was time to go back to the airport tocatch my flight to Israel. I landed in Tel Aviv around midnight and got into jerusalem around 2 am. At that point I pretty much crashed since I barely slept on the airplane. The next few days are my chance to get anything I forgot at home, and to reaquaint myself with the city, since my orientaation starts on tuesday!

Stay tuned for more updates :)


No comments:

Post a Comment