Sunday, September 5, 2010

Orientation

Wow! what an incredible whirlwind since starting Career Israel. Today was the last day of orientation and then we moved into our apartments in Tel Aviv. Since I will be doing my internship in Jerusalem, I am only in Tel Aviv for 3 weeks for Ulpan (which is a Hebrew language intensive course). Since the program started on wednesday, I have had the opportunity to make 120 new friends. Does that sound overwhelming to you? Well it was! But by putting myself out there and pushing myself to be social, I have already met some amazing people.
 I am really enjoying everything so far. I finally took the kotel tunnel tours and my mind was blown. Being able to touch the western wall as it was built by King Herod and walk on the ancent street with the columns from the market is pretty incredible. In fact, all of the tours we have done so far have been so good. I cannot wait for more :)

I cannot wait for Ulpan to start and me to improve my hebrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment