Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Update

Wow it has been a while since I have updated here. Soooo much has been going on since Rosh Hashana. Every other day has been a holiday so it has been really hard to settle into a routine, but I am still having a blast with my new friends.

The program itself is still going well. We have had some amazing speakers. I didnt always agree with everything they were saying, since a lot of it was politial, it was still really important to have the chance to hear speakers from radically different perspectives. One example was an Arab-Israeli who came in to speak to us about what life is like for Arabs living in Israel. It was quite a controversial lecture based on what he was saying,but to me that was not the important part. what was important was that we were getting to hear his perspective, whether we agreed with it or not.

It is getting to the point that we are finishing ulpan. We move to Jerusalem next week, go on a hike in the Golan and then finally start to work. I cannot wait to start working and find out what exactly I will be doing. It should an amazing experience :) I will keep everyone posted

No comments:

Post a Comment