Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rosh Hashana

I cannot believe I have been in Israel for almost 3 weeks. The time seems to be flying by. This past week/end was Rosh Hashana. I had an amazing time visiting with family and friends. Every day on my way to synogogue I passed a tent full of people supporting the return of Gilad Shalit. As on most weekdays, Gilad's parents were sitting in the tent. Many people were walking up to them and wishing them shana tova (a happy new year). As much as I wanted to, I just couldn`t face them and hope that their year will be good. It made me think about my own life and how I should be happy with everything. It could always be worse and we all need to appreciate what we have.

Aside from that, ulpan is going great and my Hebrew is really improving. The holidays definately make me feel a little homesick, but it truly is an amazing feeling to be in Jerusalem. I hope everything continues to go as well as it already is.

1 comment: