Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spring time

Spring is a time of renewal. I think of the blossoming trees, gushing streams, and just warm enough sun. I think of bright colours, cottage season, and good friends. I am very fortunate that since my return home I have been able to experience all that I associate with spring. Since I came home I have gone up to the cottage a few times since we are in the middle of renovating a bathroom, an outdoor porch, and switching a shower to a bath/shower in another bathroom. Each time I went up, for the day only, I had the chance to see spring emerge from winter. The first time I came up, the lake was still covered in ice and snow and although it was March, it felt like it was January. The next time I came up the snow was mostly gone and although the weather was still cold, you could feel the sun getting stronger. The streams along the road which disappear by summer were gushing at full force. Each time after that the sun got warmer, the trees got greener and you could literally smell spring.





Last weekend was the May long weekend and marked the beginning of the cottage season. Each year Canadians look forward to that time of the year where they spend glorious weekends relaxing in the country. Since everyone in my family seemed to have plans, the cottage would be empty as of Sunday. I figured why let the cottage go unused so I invited a few close friends up. Nothing like the cottage parties of late, but still so enjoyable. In the end there was a total of 6 of us. There was some lounging, some amateur photographing, water falls sightseeing, brewery tasting, and a 90's music dance party, but the best part was being able to spend time with amazing friends. If this is spring I can only imagine what summer will bring ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment